Wednesday, June 7, 2017Our Foodservice Forum adds another level of value to the LPS and appeals to culinary heavy hitters and major UK and international foodservice companies. The inaugural interactive one-day seminar programme dedicated to the UK’s diverse and thriving foodservice industry launched at the LPS16 was a massive success. Back by popular demand, attendees of the Foodservice Forum will participate in seminars, discussion panels, chef demonstrations and ideation sessions – all with a view to improving the performance of fresh produce in the foodservice and catering arenas.
- Learn from industry experts about what it takes to be part of the UK’s creative and burgeoning food scene and how to grow your foodservice business
- Share experiences and common ground with other foodservice suppliers, top chefs and fresh produce experts
- Find out how to create more space for fresh produce and for your company in the foodservice industry
- Learn about the evolution of London’s dining scene
- Discover how to sell to and source more effectively from wholesale markets
- Grasp the latest cooking techniques from top research and development chefs
Foodservice Forum Full Schedule:
Creative Plating: Partnering With Produce
How can we get more fresh produce on restaurant plates and encourage more chefs to have produce front of mind when developing menus?
8.30am – Registration & Welcome Refreshments
9.00am – Welcome
- By Jim Prevor, The Perishable Pundit, & Introduction to show host Jason Dancigar, managing director Hana Group UK inc Sushi Gourmet, Genji & Mai.
9.15am – Current US Foodservice Restaurant Trends
- Gerry Ludwig, Corporate Consulting Chef at Gordon Food Service in Grand Rapids, Michigan, industry speaker and trend tracker, and leading food writer and columnist for foodservice trend magazine, Flavor & The Menu, starts the day sharing some of his insights into current food trends and the foodservice market in the USA.
10.00am – Peruvian ‘Superfoods’ – Leading The Healthy Eating Trend
- Martin Morales is chef, restaurateur and founder of the award-winning Andean restaurants, Ceviche, Andina and Casita Andina. His new cookbook, Andina, is out this Autumn. He addresses attendees on Andean cuisine and gives his perspective on why this food is so synonymous with health, wellbeing and longevity.
10.45am – Networking Break
11.15am – Insights Into The UK’s Foodservice Market In 2017
- Giles Smith is a Senior Client Service Manager for MCA Insight, a leading-edge research and strategy consultancy based in central London. He will deliver a broad overview of the latest market developments and trends in the UK’s foodservice market, including the size and complexity of the market, channels that are in growth and those under pressure, a look at the competitive landscape – winners and losers, latest consumer insight and trends and what’s next for Foodservice.
12.00pm – Panel Discussion 1: The Chefs’ Challenge – Meeting The Trend For Plant-Forward Foods
With the trend for produce-based menus becoming more and more prevalent, we ask our Foodservice Forum panel of chefs how they are incorporating fresh fruit and vegetables into their menus to give the customer what they want.
- Nick Vadis, Culinary Director, Compass Group UK & Ireland
- Jim Wealands, Group Food Development Director, CH&Co Group
- Pete Redman, Chef Director, Bartlett Mitchell
- Damian Blake, Chef Director, Holroyd Howe
12.30pm – Networking Lunch
1.30pm – Panel Discussion 2: Sustainability Matters
Our panel looks at how collaboration between producers, suppliers and foodservice providers is essential for delivering significant change to create long-term sustainability and a resilient food system.
- Michael Jones, Business Account Manager, WRAP (Waste & Resources Action Programme) , heads up our panel to look at how collaboration between producers, suppliers and foodservice providers is essential for delivering significant change to create long-term sustainability and a resilient food systems.
- Mike Hanson, Head of Sustainable Business, BaxterStorey
- Duncan Gray, Head of Corporate Responsibility, Compass Group UK & Ireland
- Lin Dickens, Marketing Director, Bartlett Mitchell (3 Star SRA Gold Rating)
- Vernon Mascarenhas, Sales Director, First Choice Fruit & Produce
2.00pm – Panel Discussion 3: Making Produce Cool For Kids
Our panel of experts led by Linda Cregan, CEO of the Children’s Food Trust, addresses the challenges they face in encouraging children to enjoy eating fresh fruit and vegetables and share their views on how to influence the choices children make at mealtimes.
- Linda Cregan, CEO, Children’s Food Trust
- Karen Fewell, Director – Digital Blonde
- Idris Caldora, Royal Academy of Culinary Arts – Chefs Adopt A School Programme
- Edel Lewis, Business Development Manager, The Brookwood Partnership
- Olivia Pratt, Senior Nutritionist, Chartwells, Compass Group
2.30pm – Chef Demo
- Adria Wu, Founder of Maple and Fitz, voted one of London’s Best Healthy Restaurants by TIMEOUT, and her Head Chef, Jodi Lischewe, will create one of the produce-tastic dishes from Maple’s menu and explain the ideation process that went into creating it. Their mantra is Eat. Juice. Be Happy.
3.10pm – Networking Break
3.30pm – Panel Discussion 4: Provenance – Sourcing The Best Produce
Our last panel of the day looks at the benefits of sourcing locally and globally and how to negotiate the best quality fresh produce for a wide range of retail/foodservice establishments.
- Stephen Minall, Owner MD, Moving Food Ltd
- Andrea Rasca, Founder & CEO of Mercato Metropolitano, also one of the founders of the world-famous Eataly Markets in New York, Rome, Dubai and Tokyo.
- Andrew Stephen, CEO, SRA (Sustainable Restaurant Association)
- Matt Jones, Senior Buyer, Reynolds
- Andy Milner, Purchasing Director, WSH Group
4.00pm – The Psychology In Promoting A Healthy Lifestyle
The final session of the day looks at foodservice marketing and how to encourage customers to make healthy choices both consciously and sub-consciously.