Wednesday June 6, 2018
Our Foodservice Forum adds another level of value to the LPS and appeals to culinary heavy hitters and major UK and international foodservice companies.
The interactive one-day seminar programme dedicated to the UK’s diverse and thriving foodservice
- Learn from industry experts about what it takes to be part of the UK’s creative and burgeoning food scene and how to grow your foodservice business
- Share experiences and common ground with other foodservice suppliers, top chefs and fresh produce experts
- Find out how to create more space for fresh produce and for your company in the foodservice industry
- Learn about the evolution of London’s dining scene
- Discover how to sell to and source more effectively from wholesale markets
- Grasp the latest cooking techniques from top research and development chefs
Foodservice Forum 2018 Agenda:
Fresh Produce Boosts Profits
Producers, wholesalers and foodservice providers explore the changing face of procurement as the demand for Fresh Produce continues to grow
8.30am – Registration & Welcome Refreshments
9.00am – Welcome
9.15am – On The Horizon – Eating & Drinking Trends – Where To Next?
- Simon Stenning, Executive Director, MCA.
Simon will present the latest data from MCA on the Eating Out Market and the way in which consumers are currently behaving, as well as outlining the key trends that MCA have identified as being most relevant for the UK Foodservice Market in 2018 and onwards.
MCA’s data covers the total market, all branded operators, and research with over 72,000 consumers each year, delivering rich insight into the what is really happening.
10.00am – A Fresh Way Of Looking At Food – The Food Boss
- Kate Taylor, founder of The Food Boss, is a leading nutritionist, food consultant and fitness coach. Kate tells the audience about her career journey to-date and why she feels so passionate about encouraging people to eat and live healthily.
10.15am – Panel Discussion 1: Health & Wellbeing – The Role of Fresh Produce
11.00am – Networking Break
11.30am – Chefs’ Round Table Discussion
There is a far greater demand for Vegan and Vegetarian Meals than ever before. How much has this impacted on your business in terms of menu planning, sourcing of ingredients and application of skills?
With the trend for plant-based meals now firmly established, Lin Dickens, Marketing Director for bartlett mitchell and lifelong vegetarian, asks our Foodservice Forum panel of chefs how this has impacted in their kitchens.
- Lloyd Mann, Global Culinary Director, Sodexo
- Rob Kirby, Chef Director,Lexington Catering
- Chris Knights, Executive Chef, Youngs & Co.’s Brewery PLC
- Thomas Rhodes, Executive Chef, Twickenham Stadium
- Simon Price, Chef Director, ISS Food & Hospitality
- Jordan Sclare, Group Executive Chef, NZR Group – Chotto Matte / Fucina / Black Roe / Pantry
- Andrea Waters, Creative Director & Executive Chef, Redemption Bar
12.15pm – Chef Demo, sponsored by LifeWorks Restaurant Group
A leading UK chef celebrates cooking with fresh produce:
1pm – Networking Lunch
2pm – Special Feature Interview: Fresh Produce Entrepreneurs
Chris Sheppardson, Founder and Managing Director of EP Business in Hospitality and Chess Partnership, interviews a panel of leading entrepreneurs that have led their businesses to success by promoting fresh produce as central to their brands.
2.45pm – Panel Discussion 2: Ask The Procurement Experts
Christopher C. Gaulke, Lecturer Food & Beverage Management and Supply Chain, Cornell University, USA delivers a short presentation on some of the macroeconomic, social, and political factors impacting produce procurement by U.S. foodservice operations.
Jason Danciger, Managing Director, Hana Group UK, then moderates our final panel, bringing together some of the leading buyers, procurement specialists and influencers in our sector.
The day’s discussions will raise a number of questions and we give our procurement panel the chance to respond and challenge these in what promises to be a lively conversation where audience participation is wholeheartedly encouraged.
3.30pm – New Kids On The Block
We end the day with a glimpse into the future… Jason Danciger introduces two start-up entrepreneurs who each have an exciting story to tell about their innovative new ventures